THE ICONIC therefore reserves the right to refuse the deliveries of goods, in particular in the following cases:
Missing or Defective Documents or Data
- Delivery without booking or PO reference
- Goods to be delivered and/or Invoice/Packing List do not match the goods advised
- Delivery without ASN or booking confirmation
- Delivery outside the delivery date agreed by booking confirmation
- Suspicion of theft in particular packaging appears tampered
- Partial delivery
Errors Regarding Loading, Transport and/or Product Quality
- The unloading cannot be conducted without endangering personnel
- The goods dedicated for THE ICONIC are not freely accessible on the truck and therefore not unloadable without disruption
- Non-compliance with the domestic pallet loading plan and/or the container loading plan (cf. Appendix 02 – Pallet Loading Plan & Appendix 03 – Container Loading Plan);
- Transport damage
- Visibly defective goods
THE ICONIC also reserves the right to make additional claims for damages in accordance to statutory provisions. In addition, THE ICONIC reserves the right to demand of the supplier reimbursement for expenses incurred by THE ICONIC as a result of any refusal of delivery or return of the goods in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and these Delivery Instructions.
Procedure For Defective Goods
If the supplier delivers defective merchandise, THE ICONIC is entitled to refuse acceptance. If THE ICONIC has already accepted the goods, the supplier must collect the defective goods.
THE ICONIC may refuse goods on the grounds they are defective, if, among other reasons, the goods and/or their packaging are:
- Affected by mould, or
- Damp/wet, or
- Otherwise visibly damaged
In the event a RTS (Return to Sender) order is requested by the buyer/category administrator an order form is filled out with the necessary details and reason code of such request. Suppliers are expected to receive the following information:
- Reason for return
- No. of Cartons & Weight
- Consignment No.
- Packing List
Vendors must collect returned deliveries within 14 days, failing to meet this requirement, THE ICONIC reserves the rights to disposal of shipments or send back the deliveries at the vendors expense.